CCNA Exploration 2 – Module 3 Exam Answers
1. Which two statements correctly describe the concepts of administrative distance and metric? (Choose two.)
• Administrative distance refers to the trustworthiness of a particular route.
• Routes with the smallest metric to a destination indicate the best path.
2. Refer to the exhibit. Which statement correctly describes how R1 will determine the best path to R2?
• R1 will install an EIGRP route using network B in its routing table because the administrative distance of EIGRP is lower than RIP.
3. Which two statements are true regarding classless routing protocols? (Choose two.)
• sends subnet mask information in routing updates
• allows for use of both 192.168.1.0/30 and 192.168.1.16/28 subnets in the same topology
4. Which command would the network administrator issue to determine if load balancing is in effect on a router?
• show ip route
5. Which statement is true regarding routing protocols?
• EIGRP uses DUAL to calculate the shortest path and can be configured to do unequal cost load balancing.
6. Which two conditions would create a setting where the use of a distance-vector routing protocol would be efficient? (Choose two.)
• the network is using a hub and spoke topology
• the network is using a flat design
7. What is the purpose of a routing protocol?
• It allows a router to share information about known networks with other routers.
8. Which of the following best describes the operation of distance vector routing protocols?
• hey send their routing tables to directly connected neighbors.
9. Which of the following is associated with link-state routing protocols?
• shortest-path first calculations
10. Why is fast convergence desirable in networks that use dynamic routing protocols?
• Routers may make incorrect forwarding decisions until the network has converged.
11. Which of the following conditions must be met in order for a network to have converged
• The routers in the network are operating with consistent routing knowledge.
12. Which two statements are true regarding metrics? (Choose two.)
• EIGRP uses bandwidth as a metric.
• OSPF uses cost based on bandwidth as a metric.
13. Which two statements are true regarding the advantages of the use of static routes? (Choose two).
• increased security
• the administrator maintains control over routing
14. The following line of code is displayed in a routing table:
R 18.104.22.168/24 [120/2] via 192.168.252.2, 00:00:16, S0/0/0
What can be concluded from this output?
• The value, 120, is used to determine the best path when a router has more than one routing protocol configured for the same destination network.
15. What will be the result of the following commands?
ORL(config)# interface fastethernet 0/0
ORL(config-if)# ip address 172.16.3.1 255.255.255.0
ORL(config-if)# no shutdown
• A routing table entry is made to the 172.16.3.0 network with a code of “C”.
16. An engineer creates a static route by entering the Router(config)# ip route 10.0.0.0 255.255.255.0 192.168.1.2 command. What can be concluded about this route?
• The administrative distance of this route is 1.
17. Refer to the exhibit. Router1 and Router2 are running EIGRP. All interfaces are operational and packets can be forwarded between all networks. What information will be found in the routing table for Router1?
• The administrative distance of the route to network 172.16.0.0 will be 90.
18. The following line of code is present in the routing table:
O 10.16.1.0/27 [110/129] via 192.168.1.5, 00:00:05, Serial0/0/1
What does the number 129 indicate in this output?
• The cost for this link has a value of 129.
19. A growing medium-sized manufacturing company recently began to have routing instability issues. The company uses static routes and has a mixture of over 30 Cisco and non-Cisco routers. The network administrator has decided to convert the network to dynamic routing. What characteristics of protocols should be considered in this selection process?
• OSPF can be used between the routers.
20. Refer to the exhibit. If RIP is the routing protocol, what is the value of the metric from router A to network 192.168.5.0/24?
21. A router learns two paths with equal metrics to a destination network via the RIP routing protocol. How will the router handle packets to the destination network?
• The router will install both routes in the routing table and load balance between the two.
No comments yet.
- CCNA Exploration 1 – Module 10 Exam Answers
- CCNA Exploration 1 – Module 11 Exam Answers
- CCNA Exploration 1 – FINAL Exam Answers
- CCNA Exploration 1 – Module 7 Exam Answers
- CCNA Exploration 1 – Module 6 Exam Answers
- CCNA Exploration 1 – Module 5 Exam Answers
- CCNA Exploration 1 – Module 4 Exam Answers
- CCNA Exploration 1 – Module 3 Exam Answers
- CCNA Exploration 1 – Module 2 Exam Answers
- CCNA Exploration 1 – Module 1 Exam Answers
- CCNA Exploration 2 – FINAL Exam Answers (C)
- CCNA Exploration 2 – FINAL Exam Answers (B)